Jack and I

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Whoa baby!

First I want to start with my exciting news... I've lost 5 pounds! I'm really excited to get started on getting ready for swimsuit weather! I went running today at about noon and it was really hot... in a way I'm not excited to have to get up early to run, but that also means that it is finally spring time!! Last week I started trying to really watch what I eat by using the Good Eats diet off of FOOD network and apparently it worked! This week I decided to focus less on how much I weigh and more on how I look and feel. I got a gym membership quite a while ago and have been using it but I've found I don't push myself very hard when I'm in there with other people, tv's, and music around.  I do best outside (makes for a more tan Katy as well) so yesterday I did the first really hard, push myself, type workout in a long time, and let me tell you... I FELT IT! I was SO sore even before bed... so waking up this morning was a pleasure! It hurt SO bad to get out of bed, but I was so excited to be able to feel where I was making progress, and my run today was even longer! I was so proud of myself for still running and doing an ab workout despite how sore I am.  My goal is to be in good shape by May 7, 25 days from now! Its going to take work but I can do it :) That weekend Jack and I and some friends are spending the weekend in Vegas for Supercross and I figured that was a good goal date! I'll keep you updated :) If anyone is interested in the diet let me know and I can send you the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment